Job Title General Manager
Job Purpose The purpose of this post is to lead the development and delivery of all services for the organisation as determined by the Board of Directors
Line Management Board of Directors
Direct Reports Chair of the Board
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible under the general direction of the Board for the overall performance of organisation including planning, development, monitoring and review of all services delivered. This job overview is not an exhaustive list and will be subject to ongoing review.
- Under the direction of the Board of Directors, take responsibility for the implementation of the strategic plans of the organisation. Contribute to ongoing business planning and provide strategic direction to all staff in accordance with the organisation Business Plan and the underpinning principles of centre.
- Assist the Board to effectively monitor, review and evaluate the organisation’s policies, procedures, finances, risk management, and future development needs by attending Board meetings, reporting on all aspects of strategic and operational planning, management and compliance tasks.
- Support the Board to develop and maintain appropriate governance structures and engage appropriately with funders, service users, members, staff and other stakeholders. Ensure effective channels of communication between the Board, the organisation, staff and other stakeholders.
- Working closely with our Accountants and the Treasurer of the Board, to oversee the management of the organisation’s budgets, including taking responsibility for planning, monitoring and devolving budgetary responsibilities as appropriate
- Have an overview of the organisations finances, identifying any funding gaps and develop options for closing these, take the lead on the development of a fundraising strategy, completing funding applications, driving corporate and community fundraising
- Take responsibility for the support and development of other staff as required, in their role of overseeing the provision of day to day services and practice development of staff and support them in achieving their team and the organisations objectives. Appropriately delegate tasks which promote personal development and organisational sustainability.
- Ensure effective HR policies and procedures are in place. Deal with staff management issues, ensuring all legislative and good practice requirements are followed.
- Act as the named, responsible person to oversee the development, implementation and monitoring of health and safety across all activities, employees and service users. Ensuring the development, reviewing and updating of health and safety policies, procedures and organisational risk assessments happen.
- Act as the senior representative of the organisation including co-ordination of the organisation, public and media profile. Promote the work of the organisation in the local and wider community.
- Ensure that principles of equality and diversity are embedded throughout all aspects of the organisation operational and organisational activities. Take a proactive role in promoting equality and anti-discriminatory practice throughout all aspects of the service.
- Comply with relevant health & safety legislation and good practice as set out in the organisation H&S policies and procedures.
- Show a commitment to ongoing personal development
- Perform other duties as reasonably required by the Board of Directors
If you wish to apply, please email your CV and a covering letter detailing the reasons for your application, detailing your relevant experiences to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 14th December 2022.
Opportunities Contact Form
Please complete your details below and we will get back to you shortly. *Required fields